I hurt my back taking my computer out of the car on Sunday after church and have been out of the office for Tuesday and Wednesday because of that. Thankfully, with a doctor’s appointment and seeing my chiropractor twice, I am on the mend.
The Gratitude Challenge booklet was distributed last week, if you haven’t received one, please ask either Pat or Rev. Catherine. Or go to this link.
Ambassador Training – New Date! Do you like to welcome people? Do you want to ensure that visitors want to come back and be part of our faith community? Then come to ‘Ambassador Training’ on Wednesday, October 11th at 7:30 and check it out!
Notes from the Worship Committee
- Thanksgiving Day—In Ferne Barton’s absence, Kris Jones has looked after decorating the Riverview sanctuary for the service, thank you Kris!
- Remembrance Day Service—We are inviting a piper and trumpeter to enhance the music experience at Riverview on November 5th.
- As the Riverview Executive reads through Fishing Tips, Rev Catherine will focus the following week’s worship on that topic. This is a way of bringing the congregations along the journey that the executive is taking.
- The UCW will host most of the service on October 29th; it’s also the day that we will remember and honour the saints in our lives.
- Looking ahead to Christmas – It was decided that we would have a combined service on Christmas Eve morning at Riverview @ 10 am, followed by three services in the late afternoon/evening. Michael Mouse at 4:00 pm at Riverview, Candles and Communion at NMR at 6:30 and then Candles and Communion again at 8:15 at Riverview.
- Dave Osborne is looking after getting greeters and hosts for fellowship time.
- Dates to Remember:
- Sunday October 15, 2017@ 2 PM—Blessing of the Animals
- Sunday, October 29, 2017 @ 2 PM—Magnolia Service
- Sunday, December 10, 2017—Magnolia Service
Mindful Mondays – As we celebrate and give thanks, there will be no Mindful Monday this week.
Family Room – The repairs to the Family Room at Riverview are complete, we took advantage of needing fresh paint on the repaired wall to refresh all the walls and trim with new paint; it’s a welcoming, tranquil space. Much thanks to John and Marge Wagner, Bill Parks and Robert Surette. The room off the family room will now hold all the worship supplies, which are scattered in several places throughout the church.
Many thanks to all who worked at the Nine Mile River Roast Beef Supper! We had the biggest turnout ever! We raised over $2600 for the work of the church.