A reminder that there is no service this Sunday, July 1st.
Mark your calendar for the Riverview Strawberry Supper!
Summary of May Riverview Minutes
Discussion on repairs/maintenance of Miller House
- New Job Descriptions for the Music Director and Office Administrator were presented by the Ministry and Personnel Committee for discussion.
- Approved request from Worship Committee to change worship day/time for three Sundays in August to Wednesday evenings: 15th, 22nd, 29th. Time to be determined.
- Approved a request for the marriage between Kent Simpson and Madelyn Campbell on June 21, 2018.
- Discussion regarding gambling: ie 50/50 tickets/raffle sales. It’s not a UCC policy, rather a decision that each congregation has to make.
- Approved purchase of a safe so that bank deposits do not have to be made after hours.
- Community Round Table invitations were sent to local businesses/organizations.
- Discussion regarding the use of our facilities for an after school program.
Worship in July takes place at NMR on July 8, 15, 22, 29 @ 10 am.
Rev. Catherine is away on Study Leave, attendance at General Council and vacation from July 11-August 13. Rev. Renee Clark is providing worship leadership for most of those Sundays, with Sue Lahey doing August 5th. Emergency Pastoral Care coverage will be looked after by a variety of colleagues:
Rev. Ross Bartlett July 11-17 902-865-2617
Rev. Debbie Aitken July 18-29 902-443-2947
Rev. Anne Hoganson July 29-31 902-237-3318
Lori Crocker, DM August 1-12 902-329-2227
Please inform the church office if you have changed your e-mail or civic addresses so we can keep our lists up-dated.
Come to our 6th Annual Pastoral Charge Camping Weekend at Smiley’s Provincial Park, August 24th to 26th, 2018. On Saturday, August 25th a potluck supper (for every one of the ECM – no camp fees for this event). For more information contact Eunice Fizzard @ 902-860-3704.
Camp Kidston – Information about this amazing United Church Camp is on the table just outside the sanctuary. There are many ways to support the camp too!
A NOTE FROM DORCAS PLACE Dorcas Place will be open on Monday evening from 6:00 to 8:00 pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm for the months of July and August. Regular hours will resume on September 4th. We will still be accepting donations of clothing and small household items throughout the summer. We would appreciate it, if you would spread the news to your family and friends. Have a great summer, everyone.